Amanda Hinkle

Sunday, August 20, 2006

First True College Experience

Well, the Honor's program is supposed to open new horizons... and boy was that shown with our first real project as a group... hostage crisis simulation. Never before have I done anything like this or even tried an acting role. However, the experience gave an unique insight to the inner workings of the power of good communication skills and the power of compromise. (Even though compromise wasn't much of a specific element in this case.) It was interesting to see how the whole simulation worked out- esspecially from my role in the media. I think it's safe to say that a breakdown in good communication skills can lead to far worse things...in our case it ultimately lead to death and war. The exercise was far different from anything I've ever done and I think it is safe to say that even little life experiences can teach you a much bigger lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home